9th November 2015
Before we start just a couple of points
- We have teachers here, the AGM and PTFA meetings/events are not a place for discussing your child’s progress if you wish to do this then please arrange a meeting with your teacher.
- When we are in the school, particularly in the staff room using the facilities that the teachers use, there maybe things that are seen or heard that you wouldn’t normally have access to. May I remind you that anything that is seen or heard within the school remains confidential and is not for discussion with others outside of the school.
Michelle Neate. Sarah Horrock
Sarah Vidler. Sharon Thorpe
Claire Reilly. Liz Davison
Lisa Kyme. Ruth Fox
Total banked £4492.69
Yearly Contributions £3153.00
October disco £413.60
Match funding from Barclays for summer fair £889.39
PTA membership £120
Head Teachers update
Mrs Wilson appreciates all our hard work and contributions to the school.
No requests for contributions at this meeting
Mrs Glover was unfortunately unable to attend the meeting but has requested a contribution of £1000 for a French framework for the whole school, Foundation through to year 6. The framework is a company called Rigalo. It was agreed that a sub committee would meet with Mrs Glover at school in the week to learn more about Rigalo, what it offers the children and the school. Then a vote can be made on the contribution.
As a PTFA we are now a registered charity and are eligible for Gift aid. Alison is to look up the Gift aid rules and see how and when we can claim.
Easy fund update
So far we have raised £31.88 by shopping via the easy fund web site, please continue to spread the word about using easy funding. We are now registered to Stampstastic and Yellow moon.
Wednesday 21st October
Mrs Wilson asked us to look into starting straight after school instead of the usual times. A question sheet was handed out to parents at the disco asking parents if they would prefer starting straight after school or stay at the regular time, the overall response was that the regular time was wanted.
Red, Gold and Green Day
Friday 20th November
PTFA members are needed for the whole day, if you are available please let Alison or Ashley know.
Decorating of the school Wednesday 25th after school. If you are available to help decorate the school please let Alison or Ashley know.
Friday 27th November 3:15-5:00
- Raffle Prize - JPM Labour has again agreed to donate the main Raffle prize thanks to them this is the third time we are able to have an amazing prize. Thank you.
- Tombola & Raffle – We need donations of tombola and Raffle prizes if you have anything you can donate please give to a member of the PTFA or hand into the office.
- Christmas Carols – Mrs Wilson to speak to Mrs Casserley about singing Christmas Carols at the start of the fair.
- Snowman Competition – 50p per entry. Alison to give instructions to Mrs James/Mrs Churcher for parentmail. Prize for the best snowman to got to Foundation, KS1 and KS2.
- Mulled wine – Non alcoholic Mulled wine and Mince pies to be sold.
- Bottle bags – Bottle bags and screw cap wine bottles are needed for the Wine and Water stall, donation to be given to the Office.
- Volunteers needed – We need help to set up during the day, Man the stall during the fair and clean up at the end. If you are able to help please see Alison or Ashley. A list is to be put in the staff room for teachers and staff to write on if they can help. We appreciate all the help we get from Teachers and Staff. Thank you.
15th December 1515-1530 (straight after school)
£2 per child
Film Polar Express
Snacks to be provided popcorn, snacks and drinks.
There is to be a quick meeting Wednesday 9th December at 2:30 to prepare for the film night
Thank you to everyone who helped at the Parents evening refreshment stop and Scholastic book fair.
January 8th 7:30pm Greek. For all members of the PTFA. Please let Alison know if you can come.
Date of next disco
Wednesday 10th February
Date of next meeting
Monday 25th January 6pm
All are welcome.
Dates for the diary
Friday 20th November - Red, Gold and Green day.
Wednesday 25th November - Christmas decorations 3.30pm
Friday 27th November - Christmas Fair
Tuesday 15th December - Film night 3.15pm
Friday 8th January – Night out
Monday 21st January - Joules seconds night 6-8pm
Monday 25th Jan – NEXT MEETING
Wednesday 10th Feb – next disco