At St Botolph’s Primary School, we recognise the importance of Enterprise education. We aim to create an enterprising ethos throughout the school where Enterprise is embedded in the whole school curriculum.
Through enterprise education we aim to:
- Develop the core skills of communication, numeracy, literacy, problem-solving, using ICT and working with others.
- Develop enterprising attitudes and skills through learning and teaching.
- Develop a knowledge and understanding of the world of work.
- Enhance personal and social development.
- Form links with the wider community.
- Foster and develop skills in citizenship.
What the children say about Enterprise in our school:
What do you enjoy about Enterprise?
"Presenting our ideas to 'The Dragons' and answering questions."
"Working with my friends on a project."
"Winning the challenge!"
"Taking part and having fun!"
"Working under pressure."
"Designing and making our products."
What do you think you have learnt from the Enterprise challenge?
"Being more confident when speaking."
"Working well in a team."
"Working out costs and profits."
"How to do market research."
"Presenting my ideas."
"Preparing answers for questions."
What do you think 'Enterprise' means?
"Having a go at something new."
"Making a business."
"Thinking outside the box."
"Spending and earning back."
"Making a profit."
"Doing a job together."
Enterprise coordinator: Mrs Hewitt
Enterprise Governor: Mrs D. Jarvis
This year we 'Went Spotty' for Children in Need.
We also sold Pudsey pin badges and altogether raised an amazing £476.38!
Thank you to all of the children and parents who helped us donate to this very worthy cause!