Early Years Foundation Stage is for children aged three to five years old and is the first stage of their education.
The four main principles of the EYFS are;
- Every child is a unique child, who is constantly learning and can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured.
- Children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships.
- Children learn and develop well in enabling environments, in which their experiences respond to their individual needs and there is a strong partnership between practitioners and parents and/or carers.
- Children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates.
There are 7 areas of learning and they are;
- communication and language
- physical development
- personal, social and emotional development
- understanding the world
- expressive arts and design